Online registration for the National 4-H Dairy Conference is now open.
To register your 4-H youth, click here.
If you have further questions or encounter any problems, please visit the registration tab or contact:
CALS Conference Services
The recently launched National 4-H Dairy Conference website details nearly everything you need to know for your trip to Madison this fall. But, if there’s something else you’re looking for, the Participant and Coordinator handbooks provide a wealth of information.
The Expectation Statement for Adults, Youth Code of Conduct, Field Trip Authorization, and the Registration and Lodging Reservation forms are all included within the “Delegate and Adult Advisor Registration Materials and Handbook.”
Links to both handbooks and the necessary forms are provided below. FORMS MUST BE RETURNED TO CALS CONFERENCE SERVICES BY AUGUST 29, 2015. Online registration will open July 15.
Registration and Lodging – Registration and Lodging
Payment Form – Payment Form
Adult Expectation Form – Adult Expectation Form
Youth Expectation of Conduct Form – YouthConduct
Field Trip Authorization – Field Trip Authorization
We look forward to seeing you in Madison!
Nearly 200 youth from 4-H dairy projects around the U.S. and Canada congregate in Madison for the National 4-H Dairy Conference held annually in conjunction with World Dairy Expo. Participants learn about production, processing, marketing and use of dairy products, and develop a broader understanding of careers available in dairy production, biotechnology, genetics, marketing and other selected areas. The conference consists of participatory workshops on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, speakers, tours and visiting the World Dairy Expo.
Who should attend?
Youth who have been a 4-H dairy project member for at least three years and are between the ages of 15 and 18 as of January 1, 2015 are encouraged to join us in Madison this fall. Attendees may not exhibit animals at World Dairy Expo or participate in National 4-H Dairy Cattle Judging Contest while at National 4-H Dairy Conference.
Eligibility/Basis of Selection: Youth Delegates should be selected from outstanding 4-H Dairy Program members who:
* Have participated at least three years in the 4-H Dairy Program, including the current year.
* Are at least 15 but not more than 18 years of age before January 1, 2015.
* Have outstanding records of 4-H Dairy accomplishments.
* Have abilities and talents, which will enable them to make a real contribution to the conference.
* Have an interest in the production, marketing, processing and use of dairy products.
* Are capable of bringing the inspiration and information back to their state and passing it on to others through talks, reports, news stories, etc.
* Have not attended National 4-H Dairy Conference more than two times as a youth participant.
* Are not exhibiting dairy animals at this year’s World Dairy Expo.
* Are not participating in this year’s National 4-H Dairy Cattle Judging Contest.
Basis of Selection–Adult Leaders and Chaperones must be willing to:
* Participate fully in the program.
* Ensure their delegates participate fully in the program and attend all scheduled events.
* Guide their delegation through the day’s scheduled events.
* Meet each day with their delegation.
* Help their delegation discuss the programs they attend.
* Supervise and discipline any delegates as needed.
Chaperone requirements: Every delegate must be assigned to a chaperone of the same gender. If your state or province cannot provide the required chaperone(s), please contact Wisconsin 4‑H for assistance in identifying another state or province that can help with your chaperone needs.
When? September 27 to September 30, 2015
Where? The University of Wisconsin- Madison Campus’ Lowell Center
Cost: The total cost is approximately $300. Local 4-H program may support partial registration. The remainder is the responsibility of the delegate.
How can I sign up to be a youth delegate?
States and provinces send delegations of youth to the National 4-H Dairy Conference. Individual 4-H members should contact your state dairy youth specialist to find out how you can be a part of your state’s delegation. Your club leader or county 4-H agent can help you find the right person to contact. For more details on who is eligible to attend Click here to see the registration information.
The purpose of this outstanding educational program is to:
* Provide a means by which various individuals and groups interested in the dairy industry and youth can cooperate to achieve educational objectives based on the developmental needs of youth.
* Promote and sponsor an educational program which will provide a better understanding of the operations involved in the production, processing, marketing and use of dairy products, as well as related areas.
* Provide a broader understanding of careers available in dairy production, processing, marketing and other selected areas.
Since its beginning in 1955, approximately 11,000 young people have attended the National 4-H Dairy Conference. This year the tradition continues as 4-H youth from 30 states and provinces meet for educational tours and seminars as well as networking opportunities with national leaders in the dairy industry and with youth from around the U.S.A. and Canada that share similar interests.
The National 4-H Dairy Conference is sponsored and presented by University of Wisconsin-Extension 4-H Youth Development, Cooperating Friends of 4-H and the Dairy Industry, World Dairy Expo, and the National 4-H Dairy Conference Planning Committee.